Making communities healthier for kids
Our communities are where we come together to find belonging and a safe and healthy environment. Whether we are a parent or guardian, caregiver, teacher, student, coach, policy maker, business owner, health professional, or other community member, we each have strengths, talents and resources.
When we work together, we can make our communities a healthy place for kids to grow and succeed. As Helen Keller said, “Alone we can do little; together we can do much.”
On this site, you can:
- Learn how to become more active in your community.
- Access existing education materials to teach parents and teens about alcohol and marijuana prevention.
- Search data about your community or learn how policy change can protect youth.
- Read articles written by prevention specialists, teens and parents that empower us to make a difference.
- Get the facts about the alcohol and marijuana laws in Washington State.
- Explore local and national resources for youth alcohol and marijuana prevention.
Are you a parent looking for information to help you with your teen? Check out the parents section for tools and resources.