Mass communications through social media, radio, newspapers or billboards can be an effective and low-budget way to reach your community. No need to reinvent the wheel! Explore the links below to see education resources developed here in Washington and nationally you can use for free in your community. If these materials don't meet your needs, find out what works when developing prevention messages and presentations.
Preventing youth marijuana use and underage drinking
- Start Talking Now parent messages - underage drinking and youth marijuana use, general wellness toolkit (password: StartTheConversation)
- Under the Influence of You parent messages - youth marijuana prevention campaign toolkit (password: InfluentialAdults)
- You Can youth messages - youth marijuana prevention campaign toolkit (password: Prevention&Education)
- Focus On youth messages - underage drinking prevention campaign toolkit (password: FocusOnYou)
- Marijuana: Know the Facts information card
- Talk, They Hear You: Partner Toolkit
- Learn About Cannabis website - University of Washington, Addictions, Drug & Alcohol Institute
- Educate retailers about marijuana advertising rules and alcohol advertising rules
Other communication resources
Check out our resources page to learn what information national organizations provide to support your community.